22 Jan Creative Barcelona Date Nights
We all know that date-nights are important for the health of our relationships, but sometimes with our busy family lives, it can be tough to find creative ways to spend time together. Fortunately for you, The Nanny Line, one of Spain’s premiere international nanny agencies, has some great suggestions for creative date-nights in Barcelona. Guaranteed you won’t run out of things to talk about!
Enjoy a couple’s spa night.
We all could use some R&R and what’s better than entering a zen-like state of relaxation with the one you love! Our picks are:
- Aire Ancient Baths in the Born, where you can soak in historic thermal baths and enjoy a couples massage.
- Passages, Spain’s first entirely vegan-spa, at the Yurban Passage Hotel, offers couples packages and the promise of “slow beauty for a fast world.” You don’t even have to leave the building to find a delicious dinner afterwards, cooked by Michelen-star chef Xavier Franco, at the hotel’s restaurant, D’Aprop.
Get creative with art therapy.
- Arte Bar, a painting and wine bistro in Eixample, offers step-by-step painting workshops. Tap into your hidden artist, relax with music and wine, and get covered in paint together with your partner. At the end of the night, you’ll leave with two canvases to remind you of your fun night together (and to hang next to all of your children’s artwork).
Cook up some romance.
- bcnKitchen encourages you to roll-up your sleeves and dive right into their hands-on cooking classes. Classes are offered in English or Spanish and led by professional chefs in the heart of Born’s restaurant district.
- At Le Dans Noire? restaurant you will eat your entire meal in the dark, and even be served by blind waiters. A true sensory experience, you and your hubbie will have to come up with other ways to connect besides making eye contact.
Sip some vino with your sweetie.
- Salut Wine Studio offers daily wine tasting events of Spain and Cataluna’s best wines from it’s cozy Born location. As they say, “We’ll pour. You’ll Fall in Love.” Sounds good to us!
- Vila Vinateca is one of Barcelona’s oldest and most renowned wine and cheese shops. They offer weekly wine-tasting events and you can check out their scheduled tasting events online.
Bury the hatchet and fire up the romance.
- Do you have some pent-up aggression? Why not challenge each other to an axe-throwing contest at B.A.T. (Barcelona’s Axe Throwing), centrally-located in Eixample? Not to worry, you only throw the hatchets at a target and they take everyone’s safety very seriously.
Share a romantic picnic in a park.
- The folks at PicnicPicnic will deliver a gourmet picnic and even all of the kitchenware you need to any park or location you would like in the city. The Nanny Line insiders recommend catching the sunset view from the top of Parc del Turó de Putxet or getting lost in the labyrinth at the Parc del Llaberint de’Horta.
Don’t let lack of childcare stand in the way of romance! Based in Barcelona, The Nanny Line offers you full selection of experienced, multilingual nannies and babysitters in Barcelona, Madrid and Ibiza. All of our nannies and babysitters are pre-screened and trained in first aid. That way, you can rest assured that your children will be safe and well-cared for. Don’t worry if you need a last-minute date night, our occasional babysitters are standing by to help you out!
Visiting Barcelona, Madrid or Ibiza with the family and desperate for a date night? We work with some of Spain’s finest hotels. Our hotel nannies will make sure your children have sweet dreams while you check out Spain’s famous nightlife!
If you are looking for more romantic inspiration, check out our prior post about Barcelona’s most romantic spots for Valentine’s Day (it’s never too early to plan ahead, right?) We would love to hear about your creative date nights in Barcelona, Madrid, or Ibiza. Please share them on Instagram, Facebook or in the Comments section!