12 Nov Indoor Fun and Games for your next Stay-cation
Sometimes we all just feel like a mini-stay-cation, even your kids. You know, one of those days where maybe you all stay in your pajamas, order take-away and barely leave the couch? Our team of talented and imaginative nannies assembled this list of indoor games and activities for your family’s next stay-cation. Fight the temptation to plug into screens for the day and dive into one of these fun family activities. We promise, you’ll be happy you did!
Craft Projects Your Kids Will Love
Finger Print Art: All you need is some colored washable stamp pads and a black marker. Here are some pictures to get you started.
Origami: Again the possibilities are endless for what you can create, but here is a simple guide for origami novices. If you are feeling more advanced, you can try monster bookmarks, jumping frogs, and even those good-old origami fortune tellers (aka cootie catchers).
Printables: If you learn one thing from this post, it should be this word. You can find games, scavenger hunts (see below), puzzles, crafts, coloring pages,and basically anything you can imagine. Here is one site that offers a huge variety of free printables for kids of all ages.
Salt Art Painting: working with simple art supplies, you can create beautiful 3D creations that look like they should be hanging in an art gallery. We like the pastel-colored sparkly snowflakes for a holiday craft.
Games to Keep Everyone From Getting Bored on the Stay-cation
Turn your hallway into an indoor maze with crepe paper https://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/diy-hallway-laser-maze-indoor-fun-for-kids.html
Indoor Scavenger Hunts (with or without clues). Here is one to print out or you can get creative and make up your own, with or without clues.
The classics: Hide and Seek, Sardines, Charades, Musical Chairs, Simon Says, and Twister. Don’t be afraid to dig out those old family-favorite board games like Monopoly, Uno, and Pictionary. The creative moms at “What Moms Love” have come up with this list of 87 energy-busting indoor games for kids of all ages if you need a refresher on the rules of any of these games.
Don’t Forget the Kitchen for Indoor Fun and Games
- The slime fad probably has already taken over your household, but just in case you missed it, here are more than 13 different slime varieties you can try with your kids.
- Here is a collection of 10 simple recipes for baking with toddlers because you don’t want the family to get “hangry” on your stay-cation adventure. Our favorite easy cookie recipe that allows kids to roll dough in cinnamon sugar is for Snickerdoodles.
- Ever heard of oobleck? Another fun, gooey science experiment for your kitchen, your kids will love creating the star ingredient from Dr. Seuss’s book, Bartholemew and the Oobleck.
You might want to stock up on some essential indoor craft, game, and cooking supplies to prepare for your indoor day of fun and games.
Here is the Nanny Line’s Stay-cation Fun and Games Shopping List:
- Tempura Paint
- Watercolors (Salt Art Painting)
- Eye droppers (Salt Art Painting) like these.
- Crayons, markers, watercolor pencils
- Washable colored stamp pads (Fingerprint art)
- Black pens or markers (Fingerprint art)
- Origami paper (Origami)
- Colored Construction Paper
- Watercolor paper (Salt Art Painting)
- Computer paper and back-up printer ink cartridges (for all of those Printables)
- Glue (slime, Salt Art Painting)
- Contact Lens Solution (Slime)
- Shaving cream (Slime)
- Food coloring (Slime, Oobleck)
- Cornstarch (Oobleck)
- Cookie baking sheet
- Flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, eggs, baking powder (Snickerdoodles)
Tired of entertaining your kids and want the apartment all to yourself? Our VIP nannies and babysitters are ready to take the kids off your hands and out to explore Barcelona. They know the city’s best toy stores, parks, and even indoor play spaces to keep your kids entertained for hours. Call (+34 617 243 659) or book a nanny star online, even last minute.
Tell us more about your favorite ways to keep your kids entertained but off the screen on our Facebook or Instagram pages. Have the perfect slime recipe for our VIP babysitters to try out? A new craft your kids love? Please share it with The Nanny Line community of families, nannies and babsitters. We love to hear from you!